Grant Program Areas
Starting in January 2014, the Trust has updated its guidelines to match its newly developed Strategic Plan. The Trust’s grantmaking under its 2014-2018 Strategic Plan supports the following grant Program Areas:
- Foster Youth
- People With Disabilities
- Discretionary Grantmaking
Though individuals within each of these program areas have specific needs and challenges, certain common themes underlie the Trust’s decision to focus its grantmaking in support of these chosen populations, including:
- A recognition of the often overlooked issues and challenges faced by individuals in these populations
- Forecasted or evident growth in the focus populations
- The opportunity to support life-changing services for individuals facing challenging transitions
- Acknowledgment of the significant contributions that individuals in these populations can make, given opportunity and supportive resources
- The importance of caregiving – formal and informal, at the family, friend, or community level – to both individual and community well-being
In all of its grantmaking, the Trust is interested in supporting organizations that promote the dignity, agency, and self-sufficiency of individuals within its focus populations, and that strive to achieve a lasting difference in the lives of the people they serve.
To learn more about the May and Stanley Smith Charitable Trust’s current program areas, please navigate using the tabs listed in the sidebar.